Accelerated Hypnotherapy Training for Certification in Hypnotherapy
State Licensed Hypnotherapy School Since 1988
- Welcome to the official website for the Hypnotherapy Academy of America™. Our State-licensed hypnosis courses and clinical hypnotherapy training have led the field in hypnotherapy education for almost 30 years! We prepare you for the highest level of certification in hypnotherapy available in the nation with our comprehensive program, which is filled with life transforming techniques.
- Join the People Helping Profession.
- The next 500-hour training begins Monday the 22nd of January 2018. For registration details call toll free 877-983-1515. International callers dial 505-767-8030.
- Our accelerated certification course in hypnotherapy is held three times a year and is taught in 2-week modules so you can take one module at a time, or do all the modules together for the complete “accelerated” hypnotherapy training.
- Major Landmark Achievement for Hypnotherapy:The Hypnotherapy Academy of America is now exclusively providing the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with the hypnotherapy methods to use in their research of mind-body medicine. After a highly successful clinical trial at UNMH, in which our (copyright protected) “Integral Hypnotherapy” methodology was utilized, it was concluded that our methods are “superior” when compared to another style of therapy. This led to the new, three-year NIH study of hypnotherapy in which its design parameters make the research the most trusted by physicians and behavioral health professionals. Click here for details Scientific Research on Hypnosis
Now you can learn the techniques we developed for the NIH, which are exclusively taught at the Hypnotherapy Academy of America.
- The Hypnotherapy Academy relocated to Albuquerque from Santa Fe to better support the NIH study. The Albuquerque facility offers a more spacious classroom and expands our office space. You will find the contact information below.
- One of the primary benefits to learning hypnotherapy here at the Academy is that upon completing our program you are qualified for certification with both the International Board of Hypnotherapy and the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners.
- We have developed a unique, no-nonsense approach, incorporating practical, spiritual and holistic philosophies into one of the world’s most prestigious professional hypnotherapy training courses.
- Train with a true leader in the field of hypnosis and hypnotherapy training. Our instructors are sought after experts. Lead instructor, Tim Simmerman Sierra, also teaches hypnosis at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine.
- Successfully completing this hypnotherapy course makes you one of the most highly trained and best prepared for private practice clinical hypnotherapists in the WORLD! (This hypnosis training is double or even triple the education most hypnotherapists have.)
- Licensure and Approvals
Our hypnotherapy school is licensed by the State of New Mexico Higher Education Department. Approvals include: Department of Labor, Workforce Solutions, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, the International Board of Hypnotherapy, and the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners.
- Also Receive Training In Clinical Hypnosis. Robert Sapien, MD, has been both an associate instructor and practical skills coach here at the Academy for a decade. He is a tenured medical professor at UNM School of Medicine and Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, as well as one of the deans of admissions at the UNM School of Medicine. Dr. Sapien also sits on committees for the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services. Robert contributes to our students’ practical application of clinical hypnosis and medical hypnotherapy training.
Throughout Dr. Sapien’s medical career he always had a sense that mind was the original foundation of healing. After he trained at the Academy and began regularly using our methods in his medical practice, his premise was confirmed by how well his patients responded. He has stayed on as a practical skills coach to help new students in learning hypnotherapy and medical support hypnosis.
Our Executive Director, Tim Simmerman Sierra is a former nationally registered paramedic and teaches hypnotherapy students effective accelerated healing and pain erasure hypnotherapy techniques. Some applications include hypnodontics, surgery preparation, childbirth with hypnosis and more.
“I give the course a SCORE OF 100 OUT OF 100! Tim is a genius and a gift to humanity.”
Eric Suh, CHt
“I have been in the classroom for 22 years, both as a student and as a teacher. The Hypnotherapy Academy is the very best possible learning environment ever! The knowledge and expertise of the instructors are equally matched with their enthusiasm, clarity and humor. I found no other program that provides such comprehensive and thorough hypnosis training. The personal growth I experienced in THIS NURTURING ENVIRONMENT WAS PROFOUND!”
Emily Lustig, M.ED., C.Ht.
Caution: Consumer Alert
We know it is hard to sort out all the different claims made by some so-called “hypnosis schools and boards.” Stay away from “distance learning” or correspondence courses that claim to certify you as a clinical hypnotherapist. Hypnosis and hypnotherapy is a healing art based on scientific methods. Only basic hypnotherapy theory can be obtained from the right books or videos. Effectiveness is unlikely without live demonstrations, in-depth and advanced discussion, question and answer opportunities and supervised clinical practice. Just as correspondence courses are inappropriate for counselors, medical doctors and massage therapists, they are wrong for people who want to be effective and successful hypnotherapists.
There are no other schools affiliated with our school or authorized by us to teach our curriculum or use our name. They say imitation is a form of flattery, but do not assume that anyone using derivations of our brand name, HYPNOTHERAPY ACADEMY OF AMERICA™, are teaching our curriculum, which has been carefully designed over the last 25 years.
There is only one Hypnotherapy Academy of America curriculum designed by its lead instructor, Tim Simmerman-Sierra. He has EXCLUSIVELY held the position of lead instructor since 1995. Hypnotherapy Academy of America is a federally registered trademark, awarded to Tim and Angela Simmerman-Sierra. In recent years we have seen that others have started to use “Hypnotherapy Academy” as part of their name. We believe this is to borrow from our name brand recognition, credibility and professional reputation. We have been using this name since 1999. Do not accept any imitation.
The only campus of the Hypnotherapy Academy of America is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. No other trainings in the world qualify for affiliation at this time. We have no “Denver Campus,” we have no “Midwest Campus,” we have no “Florida Campus,” we have no “California Campus.” When other schools do become affiliated it will be announced on our website.
See “School History” page for more details.
In no way are the Hypnotherapy Academy’s services to be interpreted as providing medical or psychiatric services. Hypnotherapy services are not offered as a replacement for counseling, psychotherapy, psychiatric or medical treatment. Hypnotherapy is an educational process that facilitates access to internal resources that assist people in increasing motivation, or altering behavior patterns to create positive change. The education of hypnotherapy is classified under Human Services in the Health and Human Services Division of the Classification of Instructional Programs by the United States Department of Education.
|Find out why people have traveled from 28 countries and all 50 states to attend this Clinical Hypnotherapy Training Course. Click here to download class schedule, tuition options and catalog.
Former State Assistant Attorney General Reports His Results from Our Hypnotherapy Training
“I learned more powerful and effective techniques to facilitate growth and positive change at the Hypnotherapy Academy than during my entire psychology master’s program! Tim has masterfully integrated the best of the best of what truly works, into his hypnotherapy certification course. In three years at Georgetown University and another three years at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, I NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH HIGH QUALITY TEACHING and such a useful curriculum as I have at the Academy. I am a happy beneficiary: I reached very specific financial goals, and became a happier, more centered and enthusiastic person as a result of the course.”
E. Maine Shafer, Jr., MA, JD, CHt
Personal and Professional Goals Achieved
“My hypnotherapy business is humming along. Within less than a year of graduating, I am doing between 8 and 15 sessions per week now! I love my work and give thanks to God every day for the opportunity to help others. I wouldn’t be where I am today, having these successful outcomes, if it were not for the thorough training I received at the Hypnotherapy Academy. My confidence is strong and unwavering. It still amazes me how easily this all came together and continues to do so! And my thanks to Susan for the sessions I received while at the Academy, they worked wonders for me in so many ways.”
Now it’s January 2011, Fiona is back at the Academy, completing her post graduate study in Neuro-Linguistic Programming and happily informed us that she is working with 25 plus clients weekly in her full-time hypnotherapy practice!
“I arrived at the Hypnotherapy Academy of America believing that I had paid for and would receive the most comprehensive hypnotherapy training in the world. What I didn’t expect, however, was to find myself in an environment where I would have so many profound life transforming experiences. By the end of the second week I was completely in awe and felt that our class had already gotten more than our money’s worth. Upon completion of the course, I feel sure of two things. First, that I’m fully prepared to begin a successful hypnotherapy practice. Second, that my life will never be the same again.”
“Before attending the Hypnotherapy Academy of America, I had already had over 500 hours of hypnotherapy training; however, I felt that I was missing some important concepts and skills, so I went to the Academy hoping to get what I was unable to get from other training. My goals were completely fulfilled. I received a solid foundation in hypnosis and hypnotherapy and learned how to take hypnotherapy to new heights and greater depths. As a result of the Academy training, I now do hypnotic work more efficiently and more effectively than with my prior training. Because the quality of my work as a hypnotherapist has significantly improved through the Academy training, I can offer greater value to my patients, and I can more easily market my practice.
Because of the quality of training and because of the deeply enriching personal experiences students receive, I highly recommend the Hypnotherapy Academy of America for any lay person, health professional or mental health professional who wants to become an excellent hypnotherapist.”
Greg Freedman, MD, CHt
“Attending the Hypnotherapy Academy was one of the best things I have ever done for myself! The training under Tim Simmerman’s exceptional leadership is a comprehensive and thorough educational process. Upon completion of this excellent curriculum, I know that the Academy’s graduates will be in the highest percentage of successful hypnotherapists throughout the world. Not only did the exceptional hypnosis training prepare me for a rewarding and successful career as a hypnotherapist, it also provided me with a network of valued associates, my fellow classmates.”
Sandy Agee, CHt
“After I received an in-class hypnotherapy demonstration session from one of the instructors, thirty years of post-surgical back pain is now GONE!
Mark Avnet, CHt,
“I never expected how much transformation is possible with this work. This hypnotherapy training went far beyond my expectations. The incredible amount of wonderfully presented material and deep wisdom touched my heart on a very deep level. The combination of hypnosis and very profound and effective methods of processing is incredible. To see the profound changes in my classmates and myself is such a gift, I feel deep gratitude for that. To imagine how much positive change will occur in other people due to this work moves my heart.”
Deiter Schindler, CHt
“Six years ago my wife passed away from cancer. THIS COURSE HELPED ME FINALLY HEAL. The Academy goes way beyond what is considered an excellent education. Students gain a thorough understanding of hypnotherapy, a wonderful opportunity for personal growth, and a blueprint for financial success! The Academy is well deserving of its favorable international reputation.”
Trevor Monaghan, BA, CHt
“At the Hypnotherapy Academy I REGAINED MY SELF-RESPECT and self-confidence, and now experience self-acceptance, self-understanding and self-forgiveness. I made friends and learned how to accept others as they are, I DISCOVERED MY PURPOSE. Thanks to your love and teachings Tim, I experienced the state of grace.”
Ellen Callaghan, CHt
“This is the third hypnotherapy school I have attended. I LEARNED MORE IN THE FIRST WEEK at the Hypnotherapy Academy than those other schools combined! Because of Tim and his staff I won’t be needing a fourth.”
Ray Williams, CHt